Many thanks to Sunflowertreehouse for choosing me for the Liebster Award. 🙂
These awards are always a good way to discover new blogs I perhaps hadn’t seen before. I will nominate some of my own favourite blogs to read and pass on the good vibes!
HERE ARE THE RULES:
• Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog.
• Include award graphic.
• Answer the questions provided.
• Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
• Nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
My Questions that I have to answer are as follows:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I started Art Therapy a few years ago. I couldn’t find anything from a client’s perspective about what long term art therapy would be like, so I figured I’d start a blog about it. I quickly found that blogging really helped me process my therapy sessions and gave me space to vent and to express my true feelings and also track my progress.
2. What do you love most about your writing?
What do I love most? Hm…. I do love that I can describe my feelings in detail. I love writing about this journey which is both the best and worst thing I’ve done!
3. Describe the most interesting person you’ve ever met.
I honestly don’t know the answer to that. Most people fascinate me for different reasons.
4. What don’t you get enough credit for?
Sometimes, with certain family members they’ll think the worst of me and don’t give me credit for actually being a nice person!
5. What do you wish you could say?
I wish I could say ” I just want cuddles. All the time. Nothing else. Just cuddle me dammit… and bring me a hot chocolate.” My needs are simple hahaha!
6. Do you like pasta?
Hm… Yes it’s okay. Not my favourite thing in the world though.
7. If you could go to space, what kind of lunch would you pack?
A glitter sandwich! And a strawberry milkshake.
8. Do you prefer movies or TV shows?
Depends on my mood. There’s some really amazing tv shows out there on Netflix and Amazon especially. But sometimes settling down to a really good movie is just so good!
9. Is there a hobby you wish you would have either stuck with or picked up?
I wish I’d stuck with Ballet, I quit when I was 7 and went to gymnastics instead. I wish I’d stuck with horseriding too, but boys and alcohol happened.
10. Do you have any scars? From what?
I have a scar from having chickenpox as a child. I have a scar on my knee where I fell at school, I limped around for months after that fall! And I have very faint silvery self-harm scars. (the shame!)
Okay, now your Questions:
- Best and Worst thing about blogging?
- Describe your blog in 4 words.
- What’s your favourite word?
- Moon or Stars and Why?
- What do you like best about yourself?
- What makes your heart bloom?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What are the highlights and low-lights of 2017?
- If you could look like anyone famous, who would it be?
- Is Santa real? Do fairies exist?
I nominate the following blogs for a Liebster Award
- Understanding me and her. – A therapy blog written by a beautiful soul with the depths of the ocean in her heart. I love how she sees the world, I love her writing style and I so resonate with her struggles with disorganised attachement.
- Unpacking the suitcase – Started reading her blog this year as she navigates the pearls of therapy and of understanding her complex relationship with her mother. I love following her journey as she finds herself and tries to make sense of her place in the world, who she is without her mother.
- Rubberbands and Chewinggum. – Another new blog this year. I love this bloggers sense of humour, that she can find humour even in the darkest of times. So much of what she writes resonates with me as again, she too suffers with complex ptsd and disorganised attachment. She writes of her journey and struggles through therapy and the confusion of it all. She also writes about her parts who seem to like fucking up her sessions by hiding!!
- Audrey does therapy – She doesn’t write very much anymore, but I always love when she does. Her struggles are huge and many, and she fails to see how amazing she is. But I have hope for her that once day she’ll see her amazonian strength. She is fiesty and funny and quick- witted.
- Falling Down the Rabbit Hole. – Another blog I’ve followed for a few years, I love reading about the relationship Alice has with her therapist and watching them both navigate the trauma stuff that arises. It’s been amazing to see the “slowly but surely” changes in Alice and I hope to follow her journey for a long time to come.
Okay, that’s only 5, I’m sure there’s more I could recommend but I’m tired!